hard2 stop

I am a self motivated, independent female looking for answers. Aren't we all.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Suprise!!!

I am currently thinking about suprises. Theier can be good ones and bad. The suprise my puppy left for my room mate was not what I would consider a pleasant one. She got into his room and pooed right in front of his closet. She normally is not alllowed in his room. When she does get in she is taken out just as quickly. She has improved on her potty training. Actually she has gotten much much better. The only time she has accidents is when I am not paying attention to her and don't let her outside or she is mad. I guess she was mad because she got into his room without me realizing she was in there and left her suprise. Needless to say my room mate was not happy and I heard about it. It is not like it was done on purpose or out of meanness. It was in fact an accident. He now jokingly threatens to kill my dog. At least I hope he is joking. Ok that was a bad suprise.


At this time I am also planning a birthday party for my mom. She is turing 50 and it is a suprise. My dad is helping with the expenses but can not help with the preparations because it would alert my mom to the situation. My very good friends are goping to help me throw this thing together. It isn't the first big party we have thrown so we should be getting pretty good at it. I am thinking nicely done party, not like the "over the hill" party we gave my dad when he turned 50. Women are a bit more sensitive about their ages although my mom has never been. I think something tasteful and pretty. I plan to use yellow as one of the colors. It is her favorite. Maybe have some yellow roses or petals spread throughout somehow. She also likes dasies. I am sure it will be great. A wonderful suprise considering what we are going through right now.

The worst suprise may come to my brother. He may be getting a visit from my parents soon. He will think that is good until he learns the reason. I am trying to think positive and hope that they do not have to make the trip but only time will tell. My dad has skin cancer. He has been fighting it for years. He is also a kidney transplant pateint. A little over a week ago he asked me to look at a place on his arm. It was a knot about the size of a half dollar right on the old incision line from his fistula. He said it was sore, but it was not hot or red. I encouraged him to show his doctor. He did show it to his cancer doctor. He was concerned it might be a clot or aneurysm, which is what I was thinking. He called is kidney doctor due to the location and he told my dad over the phone just to place warm compresses on it. It was probably phlebitis. For those of you who do not know what phlebitis is, it is a condition classified as an inflammation of a vessel. I knew it was not phlebitis because it was not red or warm but my dad did what he was told. It did not go away. Actually 2 more small areas formed in less than a week down by his wrist. When he saw his dermatologist the doctor became very alarmed. He thinks the cancer has went into his lymph nodes. The next day sent him to one of the best surgeons for hands in the city. Dr. Kuntz wants to know what he is dealing with and has ordered some MRI's. If in fact the knot on his upper arm is a tumor he will need further testing to see how spread out it is. If it is a clot then he will need a different treatment. What is so concerning is the 2 new areas that presented in less than a week. If the cancer is now in my fathers lymph nodes the spread is usually quick. They do not want to have to tell my brother that over the phone. They will make a trip to Florida. The worst suprise. For now we wait. Wait to see what is to come. May you all be blessed with health and happiness.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:33 AM, Blogger RedNeckGirl said…

    As far as Habitus is concerned....she's a sneaky one...lmao.

    You know that I will help you with your mom's party.....you are right no over the hill stuff....I wouldn't want that for mine. Yellow would be nice.....something cheerful and very spring like.

    And you know that I am here for you and your folks whatever happens.....I love all of you like my own family. I am praying for your dad and for you all. Lots of Love!

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger hard2stop said…

    Redneck girl-- Yes that Habit is a sneaky little devil. She will get her tongue up your nose before you have a chance to blink..lol.

    I may need some help and appreciate the offer. I will take you up on it.

    Thanks for the prayers. Right now that is all we can do.

     
  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger mindtwister said…

    Habit is a sneaky little dog, but she is lovable :)

    I hope you know your roomie would never, ever kill her. I think he says he will to get a rise out of you.

    I will also help you with the party if you need.

    I will be pulling for your dad. I like him a lot and I hate to think of him in any kind of pain.

     
  • At 10:58 AM, Blogger hard2stop said…

    Thanks everyone for your prayers and kind remarks about my dad. He is a good man. I will keep you all informed.

    Yes Habit is a sneaky lil devil. Mom's nickname "Monster" sometimes suits..lol.

    My next blog is about the party.

    Mustangscarlett-- We really haven't let much of anyone know what was going on. Dad didn't want to get everyone all upset until we found out something definite. He hasn't even told his sisters and brothers. He has been good to many people. Always gives everyone the benifit of the doubt and has allowed so many into his home.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home