hard2 stop

I am a self motivated, independent female looking for answers. Aren't we all.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

National Male Dickhead Month

I have come to a conclusion that March must be National Male Dickhead Month. Alas , I did not get the memo prior. Why do I say this you may ask? I have a group of female friends. Most of the time we all get along, but as friends sometimes do we have our disagreements. Three out of my four friends, as well as myself, are having some interesting issues with the men in our lives. They range from emotional roller coasters, to miscommunication, to no communication, ranting and raving to just not willing to talk at all. I have begun to believe it either has to be Dickhead Month or they have all turned into four year olds having tanturums. That also brings to mind a double standard. As women if we rant and rave, throw tantrums, refuse to speak or show the smallest bit of anger or high emotion, we are labeled as being bitchy or of course it must be PMS. Just an FYI women are allowed to get angry, we are allowed to be just as outright in our agressive emotions as men. For my girlfriends, all I can say is hang in there. There will be a day when this type of behavior is no longer such a strong part of our lives, where we are able to express ourselves and not be held prisioner to their inability to communicate effectively, and we are not seen as unreasonable when we stand up for our protection.

This is not a male bashing blog. There are some men at this time that are not under the Dickhead syndrome. I am afraid they are out of the loop and did not get the memo either...lol. To those wonderful men who read this far down please do me a favor. Think about your actions with the women in your life right now. Do you get upset with them when they try to talk to you about "touchy" subjects and shut down communication? Do you lie to them? Do you cheat on them at any time? Are you able to understand and see more than one side of an issue or are you so stuck in one frame of mind that you will inevitably hurt the woman? This is just not for the loves of your life but the mothers, sisters, and friends as well. I wish you luck gents.

The man/woman relationship is always going to be one of the most trying aspects of the adult psyche. Men and women are different. We think differently and we react differently. Typically men are aggressors and women are nurturers. As the world changes and the roles men and women have to take in society women are becoming more agressive. Yet they are still supposed to be the fairer sex and appear nonagressive. Relationships are becoming more difficult. The lines turning grey. On a date who pays? Do you go dutch? If the woman asks the man out should she therefore pay for the date? How do you bring up these topics before said date? Dating in the new millenium reminds me of an old Pat Bennitar song. "Love is a Battlefield." For all those who hold the belief "All's fair in love and war", I know many of you do, remember war has casualties. Is it really love if you are willing to make the person of your so called love a casualty of war? If so......Battle On.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger RedNeckGirl said…

    Mine has been a national male dickhead year....lol

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger mindtwister said…

    I personally don't think I'm on that list....at least not this time...lol.

    However, if I happen to be on the list of candidates for Male Dickhead of the Year, at least I know I won't win. I try not to be that way, as it seems you all are surrounded by them, so I like being different, and being me, without being a Dick....most times :)

     
  • At 9:11 PM, Blogger hard2stop said…

    I hear you Serenity. I can not say I have always told the truth and I am not sure anyone can say that anymore. Thanks.

    Thanks for your comments everyone. Hang in there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home