hard2 stop

I am a self motivated, independent female looking for answers. Aren't we all.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

MISSING: 2 Brain Cells and a Pack of Gum

I was recently reading an article online about relationships. I focused at first on relationships between men and women, since I am a single female. Keeping track of socialization between the sexes keeps you not only informed, but equiped to handle the pressure of dating. Unfortunatley, it didn't provide any new insight. So I decided to go to relationships between family.

Has the American family come appart? The recommendation in the article was for families to sit down at the dinner table at least 3 times a week for dinner. When I was a kid we always sat at the diner table, every night. Rarely were we able to sit anywhere else. Kids make messes and the easiest place to clean would be the kitchen table. The second recommendation is a big shocker.... Talk to your kids about their day. Do parents really need to be reminded to talk to their kids? It is not like they are puppies and can be put in a cage.

I then became bored looking through the family relationship and moved to relationships among friends. It was equally as annoying. Giving advice that I though everyone knew. Those who think this is groundbreaking information may just have 2 brain cells left. Those that need to be reminded to talk to thier kids are holding thier familes together with chewing gum. Be careful, gum only stretches so far.

Recently I feel like that piece of chewing gum, one hand pulling one way and the other pulling the opposite direction. I keep stretching and stretching. When am I going to break? I am working a lot of overtime at work right now. I was just informed my father is having more radiation visits added to his regimen. I haven't seen my little brother in a year and a half. People in my life are behaving completely opposite from themselves and not always in a good way. My puppy is a monster when I leave her alone and turns into destructo dog. Now on my poor doggies behalf, she is a very sweet animal and tends not to get into much trouble when I am there, just curiosity. It is when I leave her , she freaks out. I have tried locking her in the bathroom and ended up having to reapint the door from her scratching to get out. I tried leaving things out of her reach and she jumps like a kangaroo. I have tried putting her in a cage. if I do not lock the doors just right she can get out of it. I am open for suggestions? I think I only have 2 brain cells left to burn and she ate the pack of gum...lol.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger mindtwister said…

    I was in that type of family at one time. Now days though, families don't do that nearly as much due to time constraints, lack of interest, etc...

    I know we always did, and it's something I remember as good from my childhood (unless we had something to eat I didn't like). I am hoping if I ever have my own family like that, that we will be sitting at the table for dinner.

    A lot of times parent's either don't care, or don't want to know about their kids days. I think it's sad that people use the television as the babysitter and that too much time is wasted on video games and tv. You should take time to get to know your child, and to learn to play again....an adult can teach a child almost everthing they need to know about life and the world, and a child can teach an adult how to play again.

    I am sorry to hear about the stresses in your life. I know I told you this not too long ago, but you can't beat yourself up about things...trust me, beating yourself up about them will not make it better. I am also sorry to hear about your dad...he's a really good guy, and he definitely has my respect for what he's been through. Just remember, breaking is not an option. The key is to find a way to make that gum stretch longer ;)

    LOL....destructo puppy. That is the most fitting name I have ever heard. I feel your pain about the destruction though. My suggestion is to lock her up when you leave. If she can get out, then I would suggest turning the cage to where she can't get out even if the door is unlocked. I think she is a sweet dog, and even though you think I'm mean to her, I really do like her. I try not to be too nice because she is a bit spoiled, but I still like her :)

    I think you have more than 2 brain cells, and she should know better than to eat the gum.

     
  • At 5:16 AM, Blogger hard2stop said…

    Thanks Mindtwister for the comments about my dad. Most of the time he really is a great man. If you have any clues on how to make it keep stretching let me know.


    Serenity.... Girl I miss you. I know I wouldn't want some people teaching my kids about life. YIPES!!!!! I think I am going to end up with gum in my hair.....lol. At this time sitting down isn't an option, I may not get back up again if I do. Love ya right back.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home