hard2 stop

I am a self motivated, independent female looking for answers. Aren't we all.

Monday, December 26, 2005

The Fat Lady is Tuning Up

Well another Christmas has come and gone. I do hope everyone got all that was on their wish list. It was on3e for the books. I spent the Friday night prior to Christmas Eve working during the day. I did have the opportunity to work some overtime and get a bit of extra money, but after talking with my mother half way through my work day i realized i had to help pry her off the ceiling. See we were expecting about 50-70 people on Christmas eve and she was not ready. I picked up my friend Brandy and we went to my parents home to help my mom prepare. I spent 2 hours breaking bread. I do not mean eating dinner either. I mean literally breaking biscuit up in teeny tiny pieces for stuffing and then cornbread.

Christmas Eve my mothers side of the family comes over to my parents home. I think the house shrunk. Normally we do not have much of a problem with the size of my parents home, but when you place 60 people in it you have no room to breathe. It was utter chaos. I helped clean up from that event and started to assist with preparations for the next day.

Christmas Day I was gotten out of bed by my small dog and my parents rather large dog sitting on me. We unwrapped gifts and then i went back to sleep for a while. Just to let you know, if you like dinner rolls with Christmas dinner make sure you have them prior to Christmas day. I finally found somewhere that was open and had them after looking for 2 hours. My fathers side of the family come over to my parents home and we had Christmas with them. It was nice. There are not near as many of them. Although they did leave very early this year. It seems everyone has so many other places to go. My other family then arrived. My firend Leigh was there all day with her boyfriend, and then Sonia and her husband Michael, Brandy and her parents and sister, and Becky. I know I had mentioned that we decided not to buy gifts to make them. It was interesting. Leigh made me a beautiful orniment with charms that remind her of me inside them. Sonia gave me a framed picture from her honeymoon at the Grand Canyon, Becky made us a CD wiht a bunch of songs that remind us of each other, and my Brandy friend made us water globes from baby food jars and pillos that small good from stockings. They were so cute. I really did like each and every one of my gifts that were given to me this year.

My mother has decided next year that her and my father are going to go to Florida to visit my brother for Christmas. They have extended the invitation to me as well. I am unsure if I will be able to go due to work situations. I miss my brother so very much, but I also don't know if that is where I want to spend my Christmas morning and afternoon. Well not worry now, I have a whole year to figure it out.

I do hope everyone had a blessed holiday. The fat lady is warming up. 2005 is almost over. New years is this coming weekend, and we have yet to make definite plans. I am sure we will ring in 2006 together. Have a good week.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:01 AM, Blogger RedNeckGirl said…

    hmm....i felt the same way @ both my g-mas' houses this year.....must be the year of the house shrinking....or everyone must be getting bigger....lol...for once I know I didn't contribute to that...lol...I am smaller than I was last year....not by much but hey you know I count every ounce..hee hee.

    As far as New Years Eve is concerned I dunno what we are gonna do....I guess we need to figure it out since it's only a few days away..lol

     
  • At 9:33 PM, Blogger mindtwister said…

    Sounds as though you had yourself a hell of a busy day and night. By the way, thanks so much for the watch...I've got nothing but complimented on how good it makes me look :)

    Perhaps next year, I'll have the money to buy you something as well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home