hard2 stop

I am a self motivated, independent female looking for answers. Aren't we all.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Fear, Guilt, and Remorse

Have you ever stopped to wonder what makes us feel guilty for doing things for ourselves? Is it the ever burdening voice of your mother during childhood telling you to "act nice", "share your things", "don't be selfish" or is it something deeper? I have recently had an encounter that I feel tremendously guilty about. I am lying to someone I love. Not the little white ones that aren't going to hurt, but whoppers that are going to do nothing but send them from my life for good. I know you asking, " What does the guilt about pushing someone away through lies have to do with doing something for yourself?" I will explain.
Love hurts. I love many people and when I can't live up to their expectations I feel guilty. Recently I have not lived up to anyone's expectations including my own. I know I have to live my life for myself, but the people who love me most have begun to question my actions. To keep all I have to push one away. It is for the best. This person is not respectable and does not respect me or my feelings. The problem is I can not just tell them good bye, I am too close to the situation. Hence the guilt factor.
Not only do I feel guilty, but I also have to live in fear. I am not so much worried about myself as I am the people closest too me. I have started to dig myself out of a black hole but with it come certain fears. Fear of rejection, fear of being old and alone, fear of death , fear of loss pick one I am experiencing it. I think the fear of the unknown and fear of someone else are very big right now as well. I could possibly be in danger. I just don't want anyone else getting caught in the crossfire. That would kill me.
Remorse. After the guilt starts to fade and fear subsides the inevitable remorse for your actions set in. I am not quite there yet, but I know I will be. I have been told I have nothing to feel guilty about and therefore remorse should not even be a factor.
Have you ever loves someone to the brink of sanity? That is where I am at. Telling them good bye and doing so in the fashion I am makes me wonder will I topple over the brink? With the help of some good friends and family I think I may just make it through.

5 Comments:

  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger mindtwister said…

    I think your fears are very well founded. I have experienced similar fears, and I can tell you first hand that it is best to face those fears. I was also afraid to be alone, of dying by myself one night and not have anyone mourn me. Too many times have I been close to the brink of wanting to just die as well. Can you love someone to the brink of insanity? I think you can, and sometimes I can be living proof of that. I cannot be with the one person I love more than my own life. I have accepted that fact, and although I want her back more than anything, I only want her back if she wants to come to me. Love does hurt, and it hurts badly but, when done right, it can be the most exhilarating experience ever. I have had that experience. I love this woman so much that I am willing to live a life of solitude for her. I am willing to forgo all others in the hope that one day we can be as one again. I am willing to die for her love, and I'm willing to live for it too. Something in me tells me that I cannot give up on her, because she is the best thing for me. She has made me a better person than I ever thought I could be. One thing I did was get to know who I was and learn to face that fear of being alone. I'm not going to sit here and tell you it was easy....it wasn't. It was easily one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. But I did do it, and now the only thing I really worry about is paying my bills on time. If the woman of my dreams comes back to me, I'll be in seventh heaven, but if she doesn't, I'll at least have the memories we made while we were together. If this person is bad for you, maybe it is best to give him up, especially if it could get you in jail or killed....you don't need that kind of trouble. I'll stop rambling now so you can soak in the info that I've provided. I only hope that I may have helped you in some way, in order to make your life right.

     
  • At 5:03 AM, Blogger hard2stop said…

    Thanks for the input mindtwister and beckylyn. Mindtwister, Hope is one thing we should never give up on and from what you write you are one of few who know that. PS I never said the person was a man...lol.

     
  • At 7:36 AM, Blogger mindtwister said…

    LOL....I'm sorry. I thought that it was a man, because the person seems so insensitive and uncaring about how you feel. I should not have assumed...sorry.

     
  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger RedNeckGirl said…

    Well I am sure that you are doing the right thing and although it will be hard and you may feel guilt for lying sometimes we have no choice. If your friends and family are concerned.....remember that they are doing it out of love for you.

     
  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger hard2stop said…

    No problem mindtwister. For a man to come out and say that about men, I find very enlightening. Thanks for the support to all those checking in.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home