hard2 stop

I am a self motivated, independent female looking for answers. Aren't we all.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Back to the Basics

The party is over! As everyone well knows I had been planning a big surprise party for my mom. If you have ever met my mother you know how she is. If you have not then I must let you know. My mother is the kind of person that always is one step ahead of you. You can never get one over on her. If my dad bought her something special for Christmas he stopped wrapping it and placing it under the tree. She always knew what was in the box. One Christmas I put a ring in a huge box and filled the box with odds and ends from the house to weight it down. She still guessed. April Fool's jokes were a waist on her. Therefore planning a huge surprise party for her was stressing me out. I just knew she would figure it outbefore the party. So I went to extreme measures. The week prior to the event she said something to me that was a bit upsetting. I was over it in a few hours. I let her think I was still upset with her. Lets just say she was very surprised. We finally got her!!!! It was a lot of work, but went very well. Thanks to the people who helped out. You know who you are.

Now that the party is over I thought things would settle down. Nope. No rest for the wicked..hee hee hee. I am busy putting in some extra hours at work. Have you ever been completely unfufilled with your life? I shouldn't complain. I am much luckier than a lot of people. I have a home, a job, friends, family. Its just that there is something missing. Empty. I have started praying more. I am trying to be more spiritual. Not into religion itself but spiritual. One of my favorite songs right now is " I believe" by Brooks and Dunn. Maybe getting back to the basics will lead me to fill the emptiness.

I am a natural born worrier. Right now I am not only concerned about my family, but my friends as well. It seems that everyone has something going on at the same time. Used to be we would have a crisis or and issue and the others were right there. Now , we all have issues and crisis.... it makes the gatherings more interesting. All I can say is CHEESECAKE!!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:59 AM, Blogger RedNeckGirl said…

    Yeah.....your mom was really suprised it was great. Just remember to try to relax.....don't worry too much it'll drive ya mad....trust me!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home