hard2 stop

I am a self motivated, independent female looking for answers. Aren't we all.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Shake Your Booty- Guilty Pleasure

It is Thursday and I am sitting in my designated pod at work. I am a nurse but I work in an office setting. I currently authorize for a specific insurance provider's home health area. We are slow on the phones at the time and I have looked at enough faxes to sink a ship. That's when I hear it. Shake, shake shake.. Shake your booty. Even now I can't remember the rest of the words and I just heard it, but the tune is stuck in my head and I find myself bobbing my head to the tune anyway. Have you ever had one of those songs that make you instinctively dance in your chair? You can't help it. You can't control it. It just happens. I have found that this is one of them for me. I can't say the 70's were my heyday. Heck I wasn't born until the late 70's, but some of the old disco tunes are a guilty pleasure of mine.. I Will Survive, Stayin Alive, and a few more stick out in my head. I used to dance to them when I was a little girl. I would jiggle and shake and didn't care who was watching. I guess it brings back that complete carefree abandonment that we seem to loose as we get older. I know I have.

I have a few other guilty pleasures, not so sure if I should share, but what the heck. I can still find myself singing along to old New Kids on the Block songs... ohhhhh don't tell anyone. I was a blockhead. Bedspread, sheets and all. I watched Night Rider as a kid and would probably still watch the reruns. Ok enough of my secrets. I hope you can indulge in any of your guilty pleasures and I hope you dance like no one is watching.

5 Comments:

  • At 6:16 AM, Blogger RedNeckGirl said…

    Shake it girl!!!!! I know you can.....give your co-workers something to talk about....lmao!

     
  • At 8:33 AM, Blogger Sweet and Salty said…

    The minute you said "Shake your booty" I thought, "I will survive!"
    lol...

    Have fun, especially when having to deal with boring ol' paperwork!

    Pavel

    PS: KC and the Sunshine Band is now playing in my head!

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Carrie said…

    I made the CD for my wedding and it had Shake Your Booty, Let's Get it On, Signed Sealed Delivered and, here's my big secret, Tom Jones. Oh yeah, I had Tom freaking Jones.

    Thanks for the memories and now I'm off to dance around the house!

     
  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger CindyCinlou said…

    shake your booty! That is a cool song this coming for a 80's baby! LOL!

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger Melinda said…

    Shake it up. At least your not just sitting around bored. Or if you are theres nothing wrong with dancing your troubles away.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home