hard2 stop

I am a self motivated, independent female looking for answers. Aren't we all.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Derby and Doggy Disasters

Hello all. I know it has been a while since my last entry. I have been trying very hard to pull my thoughts together. I guess the last time I blogged I was looking forward to the Derby festivities. Lets just say the weekend turned out to be one of the worst I have ever had to endure. I always am the person to say... I can tolerate anything for 1 hr, 2 hrs, 3 hr etc. Derby weekend put it to the test. I was humiliated, embarrassed, and hurt by someone I trusted and cared about as a friend. Not just once, not just twice but repeatedly. At the risk of sounding like Forrest Gump , "thats all I have to say about that." Now onto the Doggy Disaster.

My parents left this past weekend to visit my brother in Florida. I told them I would stay and watch the house and their dog. The dog is half Lab and half German Shepherd and is normally a very well behaved animal. Last night was a totally different story. My dog was also there. They tend to get along well. I guess Tie, my parent dog, was tired of being alone. He let me know about it. Usually when my mom is home she sleeps on the couch and he sleeps at her feet. Well I took my dog into the spare room and close the door so she could not get out and tear anything up. That left Tie to roam the house alone at night for the weekend.

Last night I picked my little dog up and carried her into the spare room. Tie followed close behind. I had just let them in from outside. I placed my dog on the bed and announced it was night night time. Tie then proceeded to raise his leg and piss on my scrub pants, turn around and walk out of the room. I was so shocked. He has never done that before. I scolded him then went to bed. I was sleeping pretty soundly when I hear a loud crash, bang boom at 2 in the morning. I sat straight up in bed and was kind of scared. I flew out of the bedroom door and looked around frantically. I crept to the kitchen and saw a horrible site. Trash all over the floor. I turned the corner to the den and the same site met me there as well. Tie had gotten into the trash can and flung trash all over the house. I was so mad. I was picking trash up and cleaning house when I should be asleep. I looked at his dog dish. Empty. Guilt set in. Maybe he was just hungry. Since there really wasn't much food in the garbage I opened him some food and put it in his bowel. He walked over, sniffed it twice, took a bite and walked to the living room to lay down. At this point I am not feeling so guilty I am back to being mad. I went back to bed. Woke up late. Rushed around the house to leave for work and looked in my parents bedroom. All the covers on the bed had been pulled off and flung in the floor. Since my puppy and myself were in the other room all night that left one culprit. Tie. I didn't have time to make the bed up so I left it the way it was. The funny thing about all of this. My puppy, who is known for getting into things, slept next to me all night without a peep. It was like that old movie where the father and son switch bodies. Kind of strange.

6 Comments:

  • At 4:46 AM, Blogger hard2stop said…

    Sorry guys. My grammar in this one was really bad. I put food in the dogs bowl not bowel. Hope you have a great day.

     
  • At 6:16 AM, Blogger RedNeckGirl said…

    well as far as Derby is concerned I am with you......worst one ever!

    Lol....on the doggies....I know it wasn't funny at the time but in a few weeks or maybe months you'll look back and laugh....even tie is entitled to a bad day....hee hee.

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger RedNeckGirl said…

    P.S. I started blogging again. ~lol~ Just couldn't stay away.

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger CindyCinlou said…

    I am sorry certian people ruined your Derby weekend that wasn't very nice or considerate of them. Man Tie isn't usually like that I guess he missed your parents.

     
  • At 7:53 AM, Blogger mindtwister said…

    I know that this Derby wasn't one of the best...for anyone. I'm sorry you were put on the emotional roller coaster like you were. You don't deserve to be humiliated, embarassed, or hurt by someone that calls themselves your friend.

    I hope that next years Derby will be much better :)

    Now, as far as the dog is concerned, I'll apologize in advance. I'm sorry but I laughed my ass off while reading this. Sounds like that dog wanted to send you a message...lol. :)

     
  • At 5:01 AM, Blogger hard2stop said…

    Redneckgirl- Good to see you blogging again. Missed you.

    Soap opera girl-- Welcome. No Tie usually isn't that way which is what made it so funny. I know he missed my parents. Now aren't you glad I watched him instead?

    Serenity--- I miss you girl. I am ok. I know you worry.

    Mindtwister-- I am sure next year will be much better. No need to appologize. Its funny now.

    Countrymusicfan-- I have let this person know via an e-mail. It was what you would say strongly worded. If I actually spoke to the person at the time I would have said hurtful things that could not be taken back so I chose e mail form. He hasn't responded.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home