hard2 stop

I am a self motivated, independent female looking for answers. Aren't we all.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Continuing the Story

Hey. It has been a few days since my last post. I would love to say I am busy, but I can't. I have been getting conflicting information on my brother. I was told over the weekend that Kentucky was going to go get him from Florida. Bummer. Actually now we do not know. He signed extradition papers, but apparently they have any inmate with charges in another state sign them. He has not signed transportation papers for Kentucky to actually transport him back. As of right now we do not know if we need to get him or if Kentucky will show up to get him. I wish they would get their ducks in a row. The unorganized way they do things drive me crazy!!!!

I left off my story with Marc and my interesting evening at the Redneck Bar. As the weeks went by I did not hear back from him. He was no longer living in the same place so the number I had for him was a no go. At first I was pissed. He just disappeared. Then I started to move on, going back to the old ways. Dangerous dating. Four weeks later I get a phone call on my cell while I am at work. It is him. He had moved to Lexington to live with some friends. He had gotten laid off, so he said, and had to leave. He apologized and we talked for a few minutes. He called again later that night to chat. Over the work week we talked everyday and he really wanted to see me over the coming weekend. I drove to Lexington to pick him up. We went out and spent the weekend together. It was great. He was sweet and charming. He said everything I needed to hear. Things that the person in my last relationship never said to me. He treated me like I was a queen and he was the very lucky lottery winner. I felt like I had won the lottery. We continued in this fashion for about a month. He wanted to come back to Louisville but had no place to stay. I was still living with my parents, but the patio home I was having built would be done by the end of April. It was March. I helped him move back to Louisville and rented a place at an Intown Suite.
It was like we were playing house. I was having a blast.

While we stayed at the suite he contacted his ex and they arranged a time for him to get his daughter. She was 3 and so cute. I had met her once before. She was to stay just the one weekend with us and then go back to her mother. Jennifer dropped her off to us in a McDonald's parking lot on Friday night and we played happy family for the weekend. Sunday came and no call from Jennifer. She wasn't answering her phone or returning calls. Monday came and still nothing. Tuesday nothing. Wednesday nothing. Thursday nothing. Friday nothing. Saturday and Sunday nothing. I could not fathom any mother leaving her child for over a week and not trying to contact her or coming to get her. She left her with a change of clothes and two pairs of socks. We went shopping for clothes and toys to keep her entertained. I had no idea if she was coming back ever. The next Wednesday she called and arranged for us to drop the baby off to her at the same McDonald's. When we arrived the little girl clinged to Marc and Jennifer had to physically pull the crying child off of him. I watched the exchange feeling so sorry for the little girl. Then I looked at Jennifer. Her eyes were sunken in and bloodshot. Her pupils dilated and she was extremely jerky. I had seen this before. She was high. By the looks of it very high. Marc had warned me she was addicted to meth but when I first saw her, when we picked the girl up, she was not high. Now I understood how and why we did not get a call for a week and a half. I did not want to see that little girl ride away in an SUV with a mother that forgot she existed and one that was so stoned she could not control her body. I worried.

The night we dropped the little girl off, I got my first glimpse of the depression and darkness in Marc's head. His facade slipped. He became dejected and would hardly speak to me. His eyes were cold and remote, almost cruel . It was like he was another person. I chalked it off to his having to hand over his daughter knowing the situation he had to put her in. I would probably be angry too. Little did I know that my reasoning was not right. This was just a side of his personality he had hidden until I was hooked. He knew I would not walk away from him . He was right. I stayed. I should have run.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:28 PM, Blogger CindyCinlou said…

    That poor little girl. Playing a happy family it fun it just sucks when you have it taken from you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home